TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PURCHASE OF DIGITAL DONATION CARDS
1. General Service Terms
- These terms and conditions govern the purchase of digital donation cards via the Digicel International website and mobile application (the website and mobile application hereinafter jointly referred to as the “Application”) by Prism Services Holdings Limited, with registered office located at 20 Micoud Street, Castries, St. Lucia, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Digicel Group and duly licensed to use the Digicel Brand (hereinafter referred to as “we”, “us”, “Prism”).
- Prism has partnered with our affiliate Digicel (Haiti) Foundation (hereinafter jointly referred to as “Digicel”) for this service.
- The digital donation cards made available on our Application is being provided by BlinkSky, Inc. (“Merchant”).
- The following documents and terms are incorporated into this Agreement and
form a part of these Terms:
- The general terms and conditions of the Application
- The terms and conditions of the Application specific to Digital Cards
- any disclosures, limitations or other information provided with, or printed on any materials or posted on the Application, associated with the Services.
- By completing the purchase of a digital donation card you acknowledge and agree that you have read the terms and conditions of the Application as well as the Terms and Conditions hereunder (the “Terms”), understood these Terms, and expressly agree to be bound by this Terms.
2. Donation Services
- To assist in global relief efforts following the most recent earthquake in Haiti, we have expanded our Services to include the purchase of digital donation cards (“Donations”). Digicel in its relief efforts have partnered with three Haitian charities: (1) Hope for Haiti, (2) Fokal, and (3) Health Equity International (jointly the “Charities” and separately the “Charity”).
- This is a limited time additional service and will run until September 30, 2021 (Donation Period). The Donation Period may be extended at our sole discretion and without any liability to Digicel whatsoever.
3. Our Role
- Prism provides the platform through which Donations can be made to the Charities.
- We will match the value of the Donations received through the Application up to a maximum total of US$10,000.00 (“Digicel Contribution”).
- The Merchant charges a flat service fee of ninety-nine cents ($0.99) per Donation (“Service Fee”) that is charged in addition to the Donation amount selected.
- There is a mandatory banking charge of 3.5% that will be deducted from each Donation (“Bank Fee”).
- Once you confirm through the Application the Donation to be made, your transaction will be processed through the Merchant. By confirming that you wish to proceed with your Donation you authorize Merchant to request funds from your method of payment.
- You should make sure that you are aware of these Terms as well as the Merchant terms and conditions, which are different from our own, to ensure that you are comfortable with how they will process your Donation.
5. Donation Amounts and Payment
- Your Donation amount will be the amount reflected on the gift card purchased less the Bank Fee.
- The Merchant shall pool your Donation with all Donations received in the Donation Period, and at the end of the Donation Period, the Merchant will remit the total value of all Donations received, less the Bank Fee, to Prism (“Donation Total”).
- When a Donation is made, the donor selects a Charity to receive that Donation.
The Merchant shall provide a report outlining the value to be remitted to each
Charity based on the selections by donors (“Donation Ratio”).
- You hereby acknowledge that any designation of a Charity is merely an expression of preference and does not give rise to any contractual obligations.
- Digicel shall make every reasonable effort to respect the wishes of its donors. However, Prism must retain the exclusive authority, discretion, and legal control over all Donations. In the rare event that the Charity you have advised does not satisfy Digicel’s due diligence criteria or we are otherwise unable to effect payment (e.g. poor standing, lost charity designation, suspicion of illegal activities), Digicel may select an alternate Charity to receive your Donation without notice to you.
- Subject to clause 5.3, Digicel shall remit both the Donation Total and the Digicel Contribution to the Charities (“Final Donations”) in accordance with the Donation Ratio, within ninety (90) days of the expiration of the Donation Period.
6. Verification and Due Diligence
- Digicel has carried out its due diligence on the Charities however, it has no control over the actions of the Charities, and cannot guarantee the manner in which the Charities will use the Final Donations.
- Neither Digicel nor its affiliates are responsible for the conduct, in any forum, of any Charity.
7. Refund Policy
If an error is made in the Donation, please contact us by email at [ ] within 10 business days of the Donation and a full refund exclusive of the Service Fee will be made to you, provided the Donation Period has not expired.
We reserve the right to amend these Terms at any time.